PREPARE to SWIM, BIKE and RUN What can you do to improve your swim, bike and run skills over the next weeks and months to properly prepare for CHALLENGECAPETOWN on 10 November? Coach Glen looks at what you can do during winter to be race ready in summer… Triathlon is such a diverse and [...]
CHALLENGECAPETOWN Training Programme
Welcome to the official CHALLENGECAPETOWN Training Programme, hosted by coach Glen Gore.
Coach Glen has created a Beginner and Intermediate training programme to get your race ready for CHALLENGECAPETOWN on 10 November. Let’s get you to the finish line!
About Coach Glen
- Multiple elite pro African and South African triathlon champion over all distances (sprint/olympic/middle & long distance)
- Multiple international Ironman Top 5 finisher with a PB of 8:30
- Former ITU World Cup & WTS pro racer
- National representation in swimming/surf-lifesaving/triathlon/duathlon
- Multiple swim record holder at numerous triathlon events around the globe
- Former professional triathlete and accredited triathlon coach with Triathlon New Zealand
- 30 years’ race experience/25 years’ coaching experience
- Multiple finisher: Comrades / Two Oceans / Ironman / Midmar Mile
- Owner of Tri-Lab Multisport Coaching Systems
- Owner of Triathlon Plus SA magazine
16-WEEK BEGINNER PROGRAMME
The CHALLENGECAPETOWN Beginner Training Programme is perfect for individuals with reasonable fitness levels who want to complete their first middle distance triathlon. This programme starts on Monday, 15 July.
12-WEEK INTERMEDIATE PROGRAMME
The CHALLENGECAPETOWN Intermediate Training Programme is perfect for athletes who want to improve their performance and smash their PB on 10 November. This programme starts on Monday, 12 August.