DETAILS AND RULES FOR CHALLENGE CAPE TOWN KIDS FUN AT HOME COMPETITION
THE FUN STUFF: (HOW SUPER COOL IS THIS?!)
- CHALLENGECAPETOWN (CCT) are offering a child and a guardian flights, accommodation, THE DESIGN ON ALL THE FINISHERS’ T-SHIRTS and the opportunity to award the medals for the first male and female professional finishers in the CHALLENGECAPETOWN Middle Distance Triathlon, dated for 8th November 2020.
- To stand a chance to win this fantastic experience, CHALLENGECAPETOWN is laying down the challenge to all kids looking for a fun activity to express their creative skills. The challenge is to design the official CHALLENGECAPETOWN 2020 Finishers’ T-shirt.
- Each child is asked to send in an A4 sized picture of their own design for the Finishers’ T-shirt, based on either ONE of the TWO following themes:
- “My Perception of Cape Town”
- “My Perception of a Triathlon”
- The A4 page can be EITHER Landscape or Portrait orientation.
- All entries can be submitted via camera phone or scanned to:
(If using a camera phone, please ensure that the quality is of high standard and that the flash does not affect the shot)
- Please include the following details when sending the illustration
- The Child’s Name
- The Child’s Age
- The Child’s Location
- The Name Of The Guardian Travelling
- The Age of The Guardian Travelling
- The Contact Details for the Guardian
- How They Heard About The Competition
- The winner will be picked and announced by former Springbok Captain, Jean De Villiers on the CHALLENGECAPETOWN FB Page on Friday, 6th May, 2020. Like the CCT FB page here.
THE BORING (BUT STILL IMPORTANT!) STUFF
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Information about the prize and how to enter forms part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry by each entrant.
2.Entry is open to all children of South Africa, who are aged 12 years or younger at the time of entering the competition (“Eligible Entrant”), who enter the promotion in the required manner. The names booked must correspond with the names on the ID and/or passport.
- Employees of CHALLENGECAPETOWN and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
- Entry into the competition opens 5th April 2020 and closes at midnight on 5th May 2020 (“the Competition Period”).
- Eligible Entrants can enter the promotion in the following way:
- a) To enter the competition the entrant must send in an A4 sized picture of their own design, based on either ONE of the TWO following themes:
- “My Perception of Cape Town”
- “My Perception of a Triathlon”
b) All entries can be submitted via camera phone or scanned: email@example.com (If using a camera phone, please ensure that the quality is of high standard and that the flash does not affect the shot)
7. A random draw will take place to determine one (1) winner of the top 5 contestants, as deemed by CHALLENGECAPETOWN race organisers. Prize will consist of
- Return flights (economy class) from the closest suitable airport to Cape Town International.
- CHALLENGECAPETOWN will only supply one child (under 13)and one adult return flight from a national (within South Africa) airport, that services CPT International with direct flights. The airline will be at CHALLENGECAPETOWN Race Organisers’ discretion.
- Accomodation in a hotel (3 star or above) as picked by CHALLENGECAPETOWN race organisers.
- Travel to and from the Race Village on Race Day access to the VIP tent on Race Day.
8.Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the CHALLENGECAPETOWN Race Organisers. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received by the CHALLENGECAPETOWN Race Organisers during the competition period. The CHALLENGECAPETOWN Race Organisers accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
9.In no event will CHALLENGECAPETOWN or CHALLENGECAPETOWN Race Organisers be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, or for travel expenses, lost profits, revenues or business opportunities, even if CHALLENGECAPETOWN Race Organisers has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
10.Under no circumstances can any aspect of this prize be transferred, amended, extended or exchanged for cash.
11.The CHALLENGECAPETOWN Race Organisers will assist the Prize Winner as much as possible to ensure the prize is taken according to these terms and conditions.
12.The Prize Winner will be notified by Facebook, phone and/or email
13.The chosen winner has 24 hours to contact or confirm acceptance of the prize. After 24 hours the prize will be revoked and redraw will be done by the judges.
14.To the extent permitted by law, the CHALLENGECAPETOWN Race Organisers are not responsible for:
a.inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information
b.purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
c.any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
d.the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
e.unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
f.electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
g.any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
15.The CHALLENGECAPETOWN Race Organisers will not be liable for personal injury suffered during the time spent with the event in Cape Town.
16.This condition does not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the CHALLENGECAPETOWN Race Organisers for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.
17.The prize is not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The judge’s decision is final.
18. CHALLENGECAPETOWN Race Organisers reserves the right to publish the names of winners on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Electronic Direct Mails
19.CHALLENGECAPETOWN Race Organisers reserves the right to verify the validity of the entries and to disqualify any entry that is not in accordance with these terms & conditions.
20.In the event of unforeseen circumstances CHALLENGECAPETOWN Race Organisers reserves the right to cancel this competition or to change the quantity and nature of the prize at any time without prior notice.
21. Should the winner be from the City of Cape Town, or in close proximity to the Race Village (deemed as being within a 50km radius of the Race Village), the flight component of the prize will be none and void. The accommodation however, will still be offered to the winning child and guardian.
22.Any delay or failure in the performance by either Party shall be excused if and to the extent caused by the occurrence of a Force Majeure. For purposes of this Agreement, Force Majeure shall mean a cause or event that is not reasonably foreseeable or otherwise caused by or under the control of the Party claiming Force Majeure, including acts of God, fires, floods, explosions, riots, wars, hurricane, sabotage terrorism, vandalism. accident, restraint of government, governmental acts, injunctions, labor strikes, other than those of Seller or its suppliers, that prevent CHALLENGECAPETOWN from furnishing the prize, and other like events that are beyond the reasonable anticipation and control of the Party affected thereby, despite such Party’s reasonable efforts to prevent, avoid, delay, or mitigate the effect of such acts, events or occurrences, and which events or the effects thereof are not attributable to a Party’s failure to perform its obligations under this Agreement.